Thursday, February 2, 2012

Next Up!

Next up on my reading list is this book by Jim Collins. It was recommended to me by a friend in the church for 20 years.  It's not a "churchy" book.  In fact, it wasn't written with the church in mind.  But it has much to say to those churches and church leaders of our day who are content with the status quo.  I love this statement made on page 16:  "That good is the enemy of great is not just a business problem.  It is a human problem."  Yeah.  My experience tells me that it is a church problem, too.  Something tells me I'm gonna be uncomfortable before this read is complete.  

1 comment:

  1. I read this as an intern in the IM Department at Christus. The entire team was reading it and discussing. Good stuff in there...

    Shannon P.

    ReplyDelete